GROUP typedef in winsock2.h clash

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 18:59:43 CEST 2000

Hi there

It looks like the agent++.h header #includes winsock.h on WIN32 platforms. I
am trying to build an agent which incorporates some material from a library
the headers for which #include winsock2.h.

Unfortunately winsock2.h includes the following typedef...

typedef unsigned int             GROUP;

which conflicts with the enumeration of 'mib_type' in mib_entry.h...

typedef enum { NONE, SHADOW, PROXY, LEAF, TABLE, GROUP, COMPLEX,
	       AGENTX_NODE, AGENTX_LEAF } mib_type;

I've fiddled my way around this, but maybe the enumerated type names should
be changed to something more AGENT++ specific (AGENTPP_LEAF) etc. to get
round this - I wonder if this is or will be a problem for others. Just a
thought.

cheers

Guy Hindell
OpenTrade Technologies Ltd.
(guy.hindell at opentrade.co.uk)

* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ *
 Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
 message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
 message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
 person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
 In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
 notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise immediately
 if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail
 for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other
 information in this message that do not relate to the
 official business of my Company shall be understood as
 neither given or endorsed by it.