snmp agent as an agentx subagent

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconi.com
Wed Aug 2 10:43:53 CEST 2000

Wes Hardaker wrote:

> AgentX registrations from a subagent to a master agent contain a
> priority code.  This priority code helps the master agent determine
> which one to use.  If the priorities are equal (which is probably the
> case), then the master agent will typically keep the currently
> registered one and send an error back to the subagent trying to
> register for something that has already been handled.

Interesting point. AgentX++ does not allow registrations for
MIB objects that an AgentX++ master supports itself. All
AgentX registrations that interfer the master`s non AgentX
(local) registrations will be blocked (registrationNotAllowed).

I designed it that why, because I thought it would not make
sense to override such MIB modules like the SNMP-TARGET-MIB
by a subagent, because that modules is used within the master
to send away traps.

Does the UCD master agent allow the overriding of any
registration even if it is local? Including the target MIB,
USM MIB, and VACM MIB?

Thanks for your help,
Frank Fock