failure of set request does not return a proper error message.

Shivram U shivaram.upadhyayula____wipro.com
Sun Dec 31 08:19:15 CET 2000

Hello,
    If my set request for my custom MibLeaf class returns
SNMP_ERROR_COMITFAIL, but if the undo_set_request of the class returns
SNMP_ERROR_SUCCESS, on the manager side the message received is the oid of
the MibLeaf class and the old value but not a message indicating commit
failed.
Here is an example:
$snmpset xr2 public .1.3.6.1.4.1.4059.2.1.2.1.1.2.0 s "14:46:00 IST"

enterprises.4059.2.1.2.1.1.2.0 = "14:46:00 IST".

Here the old value is not returned because the undo_set_request for my
MibLeaf Classes does nothing but returns SNMP_ERROR_SUCCESS.

Also the above problem is only for MibLeaf objects which are not part of a
Table. For MibLeaf object which are part of a Table if the set request fails
the error is as follows:
$snmpset xr2 public ip.ipRouteTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteMask.0.0.0.1 a
0.0.0.1

Error in packet.
Reason: commitFailed

I am not using the latest version of agent++.  I am using ucd-snmp on linux
as the manager.

Thanking You,

Shivram U