Example of configuring trap recipients?

Jeff Stewart jstewart____remarq.com
Tue Feb 8 22:33:22 CET 2000

Frank,
    In the example code you sent me for sending a trap, there are two lines that
confuse me.  Specifically, when encoding the target UDP address:

>           OctetStr address;
>           for (int i=0; i<4; i++) {
>                 address += addr[i];
>           }
>           address += addr.get_port() >> 1;
>           address += addr.get_port() & 0x0F;

Should those last two lines read as follows?:

address += addr.get_port() >> 8;
address += addr.get_port() & 0xFF;

?

The latter form seems to work for me.  That fix, and browsing the code for a bit to
figure out that the TargetAddrEntry fields belonged in fields 0,1,4, and 5
(skipping 2 and 3 for some reason) was enough to get traps working.  Thanks for
your help.

    Jeff