Persistency question...

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Feb 29 00:51:54 CET 2000

Robert Story wrote:

> At 1:25 AM +0100 2/18/00, Frank Fock wrote:
> >I agree to all three points. I will try to implement something like
> >a VirtualMibTable for the next release (including an interface for
> >fine grain persistency). In my opinion, it will be sufficient to subclass
> >MibTable, but I am not sure...
>
> I'm interested in this functionality as well. What is the schedule
> for the next release?

Version 3.4 will be released until 31th March 2000. I have already reworked
the persistency concept. It's know significantly faster and needs less disk
space.
A framework for a Load-On-Demand MibTable is rather complicated, because
it needs something like a database system below. Using the file system for row

indexing seems a bit overkill for me.

As a consequence, I will implement an abstract VirtualMibTable class, that
implements all necessary interfaces needed to integrate a real database into
an AGENT++ table.

Any comments?