snmpv3 user management

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Jul 6 23:25:54 CEST 2000

Majdi Abuelbassal wrote:

> I had a question on adding and changing passwords of an snmpv3 users. I know
> that we can use UCD's snmpusm command, BUT, I'm interested in getting this
> done using snmpset command if that is possible. Would you please list in
> steps (in a form of an example) how can I add an snmpv3 user with usm
> security parameters (authentication password and encryption password) and
> how to assign a group to it with VACM permissions.

It is not possible with the snmpset command alone (you have to some computing
you cannot do by hand). See the snmpPasswd.cpp example in the consoleExample
directory of SNMP++v3.0. I do not know if it actually really works, but it is a
good
start.

VACM configuration can be easily done by SNMP SET. Just create
the appropriate rows like it is done in the main routine of the AGENT++
examples.