AgentGen

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconi.com
Sat Jul 8 13:36:18 CEST 2000

"UNGUREANU, WALTER" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used agentGen 1.4a with my MIB and the code generation failed because
> the Std MIBs were not present.
> Then I attempted to load the standard definitions starting with
> SNMPv2-SMI extracted from rfc-2578.
> At that point I got another error:
>   Reason: Syntax error: Encountered: "MODULE-IDENTITY" at line 39,
> column 1:
> Was expecting one of:
>   "END" ...
>   <UPPERCASENAME> ...
>   <LOWERCASENAME> ...
>   .

The SMI MIBs are defining the SMI language itself. So when
using the extracted MIBs like SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, etc.
you face a hen and egg problem.

Ok, shortly said, you just have to remove (or comment out)
everything that describes the SMI language itself. Especially
the ASN.1 MACRO definitions.

To make it easier using AgentGen 1.4a, I will put together
a set of standard MIBs, that can be downloaded from
http://www.fock.de/agent++ soon.

> Is there a set of Std MIBs that should be used with AgentGen?

No, AgentGen parses any SMIv1 or SMIv2 conform MIB, but it
won't parse ASN.1 MACROS.

> I attempted to use the online agentGen but it seems that it is down.

Because our email system here at Marconi Communication Software
Systems is going to be changed on 28 July, the AgentGen email service
does not work as reliable as it used to be. I do not even know
if I can run it after the 28 July at all.

Frank Fock                 Marconi Communications Software Systems
<frank.fock at marconi.com>   Blumenstrasse 22-24,
Phone: +49 7191 13-4851    71522 Backnang,
Fax:   +49 7191 13-2502    Germany