agent++ - Comiplation problems

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Jul 26 20:09:35 CEST 2000

Aviad Behar wrote:

> Hi,
>     I've been trying to compile agent++ (3.4i) under FreeBSD 3.4 and failed although snmp++ suceeded.
>     I was wondering weather anyone ever tried to compile it and succeeded since?
>
> when compiling I get the following error:
> ../include/List.h: In method `class Request * OrderedList::add(class Request *)':
> ../include/List.h:587: no match for `operator <(class Request, class Request)'
> ../include/List.h: In method `class Request * OrderedList::addUnique(class Request *)':
> ../include/List.h:601: no match for `operator ==(class Request, class Request)'
> ../include/List.h:605: no match for `operator <(class Request, class Request)'
>
> This seems like implementation problem rather than a platform specific but then again it probably compiles
> OK on other systems..

It seems that it is rather a compiler problem than an implementation
problem ;-)
The compiler fails when it tries to instantiate a template for an
OrderedList<Request>
which is never instantiated within AGENT++, because the compare
operators
are missing. Only List<Request> is instantiated.

So I think the compiler tries to instantiate all templates of derived
template classes
(OrderedList extends List) for the class Request. This conflicts with
the derivation
paradigm.

Can you email me the type and version of your compiler?

Thanks,