Problems with setting a INTEGER

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no helge.fredriksen____4tel.no
Mon Jun 5 09:04:44 CEST 2000

Hello!

I've recently been experimenting with the INTEGER type in SNMP, writing a
mib and getting code back from AgentGen. I see that the difference in code
comparing INTEGER with Unsigned32 is that the class-instances are
constructed with "new SnmpInt32" instead of "new Gauge32" as for the
Unsigned32.

My problem occurs when I try to use the UCD snmpset command to set ie. a
INTEGER type to 1. The only valid type I was allowed to use with this tool
were the of the type "unsigned INTEGER", but my debugger is telling me that
the value which gets to the agent is 66! There must be some kind of wrong
interpretation of type going on here?

Yours sincerly,

Helge.Fredriksen at 4tel.no <mailto:Helge.Fredriksen at 4tel.no>
System developer, EDB 4tel, 8002 BODØ, NORWAY
Tel: 75 51 24 82 (direct line), 75 51 24 00 (switchboard)
Fax: 75 51 24 01