snmpset problem

Jochen Katz katz____telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 8 09:35:10 CEST 2000

Hi,

> I try to set an octet string (using SNMP++ tools) of an Oid to some values
> with spaces like "testing 123", but all I'm able to set is the word
> "testing", everything after a white space are 'truncated'!!!

this is a limitation of the SNMP++ consoleExamples snmpSet: The string
is read with cin which skips all input after the first space.

> Another thing is I'm able to access the agent using snmp++ manager tools,
> without any security measures, ie v1 & v2.   But when i try to use UCD
> tools, it won't work. However, if authentication or privacy is used, UCD
> tools work fine so as SNMP++ tools.

What exactly does not work (reading or writing)? I checked my public
agent with UCD-snmp version: 4.1.1 and I could read but not write with
v1/v2c because write access for v1/v2c is disabled. With enabled write
access get and set requests worked fine.