Q:Table prepare set

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Sun Jun 18 11:07:19 CEST 2000

manjunath ramaiah wrote:

> I am getting this error if i do not overide the function for new instance.
>
> "snmpset: Agent reported error with variable #1.
> .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.ip.ipRouteTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteDest.192.16
>
> 8.204.60:  SNMPv2: Creation not allowed."

Very simple problem ;-) I assume you compiled RFC1213-MIB which is
of course a SMIv1 MIB. In SMIv1 there is no difference between the
MAX-ACCESS of read-write and read-create (both is read-write).
AgentGen only generates SMIv2 style MAX-ACCESS values. Thus,
if you have compiled a SMIv1 MIB, you will have to check manually
where you need read-create access and change the constructor of that
object manually. That´s all.