Can I use Agent++ under win98? Give me some examples.

Roger Al-Alam Krolow roger____inf.ufrgs.br
Wed Mar 1 15:09:44 CET 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Frank Fock wrote:

> I don't think, that AGENT++ can be used under Win98 without changes.
> You can try to port it, if you like ;-). Because I do not have Win98,
> I cannot try it myself.
>
> Regards,
> Frank

	I am using Agent++3.3a in Win98. No changes were needed to compile
the library.

	The problem is that windows gives runtime errors. The error is
"Debug Assertion Error", seems like warnings in runtime. After ignoring
them a couple of times the agent runs well.

	To minimize the assertion erros I disabled V3 support (#undef
_SNMPv3 in the file config.h.of SNMP++3.0), since I am developing just a
prototype.

	I hope someone could tell why these errors occur.

	Regards,

Roger