Can I use Agent++ under win98? Give me some examples. Pls Give Some Simple Examples of Agent++.

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Sat Mar 4 22:34:30 CET 2000

yguilin____public1.ptt.js.cn wrote:

> Tks.
> I use AGENT++ V3.3 under Windows98. For first time use AGENT++,
> I dont know how to write the SNMP Agent using agent++. Could you give a simple examples VC++ code ,
> just to explain how to respone the SNMP GET-REGUEST SysDesc and other System Group in SNMPV2.

There are 3 examples coming with AGENT++ explaining the general setup of an
agent. The system group objects are defined in system_group.h. So, if you want
to write an agent only supporting sysGroup, check the following in your agent.cpp
file (may be taken from the atm_mib example):

1. #include <system_group.h>
2. In init_mib() add:
    mib.add(new sysGroup("my sysDesrc", "1.3.6.1.4.1", 10));

That's all. A incoming request is automatically responded by the AGENT++ API.

Regards,
Frank Fock