Agent++ and NT extension agents

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconicomms.com
Wed Mar 29 10:34:49 CEST 2000

Fred Stevens wrote:

> I had assumed I should be using v3.3 since v2.13 was marked "deprecated".

May be I should have marked it as "unsupported" any more. My perception
was that Joseph Hu does no longer support it and my knowledge of his
code (concerning the NT stuff) is very limited. But if you need to write
an NT extension agent, it will be the right choice.
(However, you have to be prepared to dig into the v2.13 code if any
problems arise)

> Thanks for the quick response.  I wish I got such service from software
> vendors I was paying.  Do you intend to release the MIB stub compiler?

No, not AgentGen. It uses code I have written for Marconi, but I would
like to implement a smaller one based on libSMI. Unfortunately, I have
not enough time to do it know. AgentX comes first ;-)

Frank Fock                     Marconi Communications Software Systems
<frank.fock at marconicomms.com>  Blumenstrasse 22-24,
Phone: +49 7191 13-4851        71522 Backnang,
Fax:   +49 7191 13-2502        Germany