Change requests and bug reports

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no helge.fredriksen____4tel.no
Sat Nov 11 22:53:31 CET 2000

Hello!

We're happily using your APIs, but there's some small things we came across:

Changes wanted:

1) Would it be possible to add a method to get access to the protected snmp
socket variable iv_snmp_session found in snmp_pp.h? We need this to be able
to close this socket after
making a fork/exec call.

Errors on NT:

1) The previously reported bug about deserializing rows with large indexes
now seems to be working on the solaris system. However, on the NT platform,
we have bigger problems than before. Now not even a small number on the
index works, even if it did previously. Debugging in Visual Studio, there
seems to be a couple of bytes missing when deserializing from file is
attempted. Could you have a look into this?

2) In the snmp++ function saveBootCounter, we experience that the statement

rename(tmpFileName, fileName)

is not sufficient. One have to delete the old file first. Please say

#ifdef WIN32
	_unlink(fileName);
#endif

before a rename is attempted.