MibProxy based on table index

Chris Paulsen cpaulsen____sight-n-sound.com
Mon Oct 23 21:31:17 CEST 2000

Hello!

I'm trying to develop a  variant of the sample proxy agent for v1 and v2c
agents that goes to a different sub-agent based on the index into a table.
Only get and get-next requests are allowed on the sub-agents. Each subagent
would be bound to provide certain rows from the table. Is this possible?

If anyone has any suggestions as to what MibProxy methods I would need to
override I would be very grateful?

I was thinking of the following:

1. Derive class from MibProxy which takes additional parameters in the
constructor consisting of a map of the index portion of Oid and the
corresponding source.

2. Override get_request and find_succ so that they set the internal
'source' for the MibProxy objects to the one specific for a given index.
Call the base class (MibProxy) methods get_request and find_succ from the
derived class.

Does this sound like it should work and make sense? Does anyone have a more
elegant idea?

Thanks,
    Chris Paulsen

Christopher Paulsen