Synching models

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Oct 26 20:34:13 CEST 2000

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no wrote:

> What is the difference between the Thread Managers global_synch and synch
> methods? When I synch a table, am I guranteed that only the thread that is
> editing fields in this table are allowed to do that. What happens to
> requests that try to edit fields in the table while it is beeing locked?

The other threads wait until the lock is released by calling end_synch()
within your table.

The start_global_synch is static, thus no matter from which class you call it,

it is the same lock. The start_synch locks the class from which it is called.

> Is there a way to lock only a single row in the table?

This is not supported by AGENT++. You may implement
it yourself, but be careful! Processing a subrequest for a table
involves searching within that table to get the target row.
While this searching is done, no rows can be added or deleted.

Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: frank____fock.de
Fax: +49 7195 177108