agent++ as dll

Chaudhury, Neel nchaudhury____iPolicyNet.COM
Tue Apr 3 15:00:19 CEST 2001

Hi,

Thanks for the mail. Yes, you are right. Actually I have tried to build the
source code putting DLLOPT for all classes. I succeeded building the DLL.
But When I tried to use it from an exe, while building the exe I got some
linking errors for the DLL. Those were for the static member variables used
in some of the Classes. Also I came to know that we need one Dll entry_point
function in the DLL and need to call LoadLibrary and stuff for using the DLL
inside the exe. If you have any idea of this, please try with this. I am
also trying this.

Thanks and regards,
Neel

-----Original Message-----
From: HIRO Watanabe [mailto:hiroakiw____milk.freemail.ne.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 6:17 PM
To: Chaudhury, Neel
Cc: agentpp-dl____fock.de
Subject: Re: agent++ as dll

Hi,

Chaudhury, Neel wrote:
>can any body tell me what to do if I want to build agent ++ as a DLL rather
>than a library on WinNT? I want to use both snmp++ and agent++ as DLLs.

One thing you will need to do is to export classes and functions by
putting DLLOPT before each class/function declaration. For example,

#define DLLOPT __declspec(dllexport)
class DLLOPT Oid: public ...

As the agent++ document instructs not-to compile as a dll, I have not
tried DLL compilation. There might be some other things to do.

HIRO Watanabe mailto:hiroakiw at milk.freemail.ne.jp