implementing dynamic variable

Mauro Restante restante____cefriel.it
Sat Apr 7 12:00:56 CEST 2001

Hi frank, and hi to all mailing list,

In order to implement a Mib with Agent++, I first try to implement a dynamic
variable, only a mib leaf.
I used AgentGen to compile a Disman-Schedule-Mib.
Now I try to implement SchedLocalTime variable, and I look the
implementation of sysUpTime system-group leaf.
It should be the same!!??!?!?
When I interrogate the agent I receive a "zero length" answer!!!! The SNMP
PDU is empty!!!!! Why?
Should someone help me??

This is my code.......it is the same of sysUpTime....

>>>	 schedLocalTime::schedLocalTime()
			MibLeaf(oidSchedLocalTime, READONLY, new OctetStr())
>>> 	{
>>>		// This leaf object is a singleton. In order to access it use
>>> 		// the static pointer schedLocalTime::instance.
>>>		instance = this;
>>>		start=get();
>>>		//--AgentGen BEGIN=schedLocalTime::schedLocalTime
>>>		//--AgentGen END
>>>
>>>	 }

>>> 	schedLocalTime::~schedLocalTime()
>>>	{
>>>
>>>		//--AgentGen BEGIN=schedLocalTime::~schedLocalTime
>>>		//--AgentGen END
>>> 	}

>>>	//§§ MR

>>>	time_t schedLocalTime::get_currentTime()
>>>	{
>>>		time_t now;
>>>		time (&now);
>>>
>>>		return now;
>>>	}

>>>	u_int schedLocalTime::get()
>>>	{

>>>		return get_currentTime();
>>>	}
>>>	//§§  MR finish

>>>	void schedLocalTime::get_request(Request* req, int index)
>>>	{
>>>
>>>		//--AgentGen BEGIN=schedLocalTime::get_request
>>>		//--AgentGen END
>>>	//§§  MR
>>>
>>>	*((TimeTicks*)value) = (unsigned long)get();	/*This is the right
assignament to retrive the value????*/

>>>	//§§  MR finish
>>>
>>>	MibLeaf::get_request(req, index);
>>>
>>>	}

Thanks to ALL and forgive my bad english

Mauro Restante