Persistence of snmpTargetAddrTable

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Sat Apr 14 02:37:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I'm trying to persist an entry in the snmpTargetAddrTable by setting it
> storage type to permanent(4), but I get back an error of 'Wrong Value'.
>
> Basically, what do I need to do to enable the persistence and
> restoration of the snmpTargetAddrTable entries?

you need to create them with the storageType permanent, as it is not
allowed to change the value from one of 1, 2 or 3 to 4.

from rfc2579:
StorageType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Describes the memory realization of a conceptual row.  A
            row which is volatile(2) is lost upon reboot.  A row which
            is either nonVolatile(3), permanent(4) or readOnly(5), is
            backed up by stable storage.  A row which is permanent(4)
            can be changed but not deleted.  A row which is
readOnly(5)
            cannot be changed nor deleted.

            If the value of an object with this syntax is either
            permanent(4) or readOnly(5), it cannot be written.
            Conversely, if the value is either other(1), volatile(2)
or
            nonVolatile(3), it cannot be modified to be permanent(4)
or
            readOnly(5).  (All illegal modifications result in a
            'wrongValue' error.)

            Every usage of this textual convention is required to
            specify the columnar objects which a permanent(4) row must
            at a minimum allow to be writable."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                     other(1),       -- eh?
                     volatile(2),    -- e.g., in RAM
                     nonVolatile(3), -- e.g., in NVRAM
                     permanent(4),   -- e.g., partially in ROM
                     readOnly(5)     -- e.g., completely in ROM