Building Agent++ as a dll

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Apr 19 21:37:08 CEST 2001

Hello Noam,

Please find my comments inline:

Noam Wolf wrote:

> 1. The process that uses the agent++ is built under multithreaded dll
> environment. we encounter some problems
> that we think might occur because of the collision between the two
> environments.

I have not that much experience with the Windows world, but actually
this should not be a problem - however I have encountered those
problems too. That's why I recommended a static approach on Windows.

> 2. If this assumption is correct, is there a way to build the Agent++ and
> the snmp++ as a dll ?

Yes, but there is some work to do. You will have to add the DLLOPT
macro to all classes of AGENT++ that you want to use in your code.
I think this will include nearly any class.

> 3. If not possible, do we have to use a separate surrogate process to be
> able to use these libs ?

Would not recommend this. If you have successfully done (2), I
will pleased to add your changes to the distribution.