Testing Agent++

Jim Wilson jwilson____asf.com
Fri Apr 20 20:49:25 CEST 2001

[Frank],
Thanks for replying to my original post regarding compiling Agent code.  I
re-built the library files, and I've managed to run several of the Agent
examples that (\agentgen\agent\src,  \examples\static_table), setting
_SNMPv3.  What is the easiest way to test an SNMP request from another app?
Trying both Agent examples, I tried
snmputil getnext 127.0.0.1 public .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4,
which times-out and gives the error "error on SnmpMgrRequest 8"

I tried Getif, using 127.0.0.1 as the Host name, and get "No SNMP Response
from 127.0.0.1."  I've set breakpoints in the Agent test code; it seems to
be polling at the line
req = reqList->receive(120);
which I assume is normal.

Jim Wilson