Problem while executing with SNMPv2 MIB

Chaudhury, Neel nchaudhury____iPolicyNet.COM
Mon Apr 23 06:01:00 CEST 2001

Hi Frank and others,

Frank, Thank you very much for your mail. I succeeded generating the stub
files for the MIB.
Now I face some other problem. Prior to this mib, I had defined a MIB in
SMIv1 and used in my agent. Now I updated the same MIB with SMIv2 objects. I
loaded the mib into agent's memory and loaded the MIB on HPOV-NNM. It was
successfully loaded and I am able to see all the attributes that I defined
in my mib through HPOV. Now when I try to use get-request for one of the
attributes of a Table, although I receive the correct Oid for the attribute,
the control does not come to the get_request() of the actual attribute. It
goes to get_request() of one of the attributes, that I had defined in my
previous MIB, although the Table and the attribute names are now changed in
the current MIB. The name of the MIB module is same (my_sample) as defined
before. Before loading the current MIB on HPOV, I unloaded the MIB and
deleted events/traps through Event Configuration and then I restarted the
HPOV. As I tried to debug the problem(I use MSVC++ 6.0), I found that the
control comes to the get_request() of one of the previously defined
attributes, which not there in the new MIB. I don't know why it's like. To
find out the problem, I ran the application with the old MIB and it works
fine. When I switch to the new MIB, I face the problem.

1. Is there anything to be done before running the application with SNMPv2
MIBs?

2. Can the module names of the two different version MIBs be same(, which is
in my case)?

3. I also tried with changing the Oid of the module name, old oid-
1.3.6.1.4.1.2000, new - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9000, is it anything to do with this?

3. As I have defined some traps(NOTIFICATION_TYPE) in the new MIB, how can I
send SNMPv2 Traps to the managers? For V1, what I know, there are two
statements to be executed for sending traps,
NotificationOrginator::add_v1_trap_destination(UdpAddress); 	- to add the
address of the manager the trap to be sent to
NotificationOrginator::generate() 		- sending the trap to the
manager.
Similarly what needs to be done for sending V2 traps?

Could any one please tell me how to proceed?

Thanking you,
Neel.