Agent++ Proxy forwarder for snmpV1

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon Apr 23 20:28:36 CEST 2001

Hi Eitan,

Eitan Pilipski wrote:

> HI,
> Can I use Proxy forwarder to forward requests to agents supporting only
> snmpV1 ?

Yes.

> As I understand it I need to add contextname and contextengineid to the
> community table, but I didn't find such parameters for the snmpV1 agent
>
> I was looking under:
> engineID  (.1.3.6.1.6.3.10.2.1.1.0).
> contexts (1.3.6.1.6.3.16.1.1.1.1).

You will only need to add an entry to the community table, if
you want to forward a SNMPv1 request, but as I understand your
question you want to forward a v1/v2c/v3 to an SNMPv1 agent,
right?

In the first case, the contextEngineID will be the engineID
of the proxy forwarder you want to use and the context
will be "" by default.

In the second case, the securityName within the target parameters
specified by the proxy entry used will denote the community
used for the outgoing request.