Problems when receiving notifications with SNMP++

christel.sohnemann____philips.com christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Fri Apr 27 16:28:17 CEST 2001

Hi,
we use SNMP++ Framework in version 3.02a with SNMPv2c to receive notifications.
Basically, we slightly modified the example program "receive_trap.cpp" from Snmp++ console examples in a way, that we do not use ports 10161 and 10162 but we use default port 0 in Snmp constructor and we use a configurable port for
"CNotifyEventQueue::set_listen_port".  (See code extract below, please).

The notification sending application sends notification to port 0. However, with the receiving application, we are not able to receive these notifications, even if we configure "CNotifyEventQueue::set_listen_port" with port 0. If we use a different port
at sender side and use the same port on receiver side, it works. However, we want to use port 0, too (which works fine with other (commercial) receiving applications).
We wonder, what we are doing wrong.

The code is the following:

	 int status;
	 Snmp snmp( status );
	 if ( status != SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS)
	 {
	        return printError(ERR_SNMP, snmp.error_msg(status));
    	}

                OidCollection oidc;
                TargetCollection targetc;

                CNotifyEventQueue::set_listen_port(port);
                status = snmp.notify_register(oidc, targetc, callback, &revTrapMib);
                if (status != SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS)
                {
                      printError(ERR_SNMP_NOTIFYREGISTER, snmp.error_msg(status));

               }

Is there someone who can help?
Any hints and tips are really appreciated!
Thanx in advance and best regards,
Christel Sohnemann

Christel Sohnemann
Software Development
Philips Speech Processing Aachen, Zweigniederlassung der Philips GmbH
Kackertstr. 10, 52072 Aachen, Germany
mailTo: christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Tel:    +49 - (0)241 - 8871 191,    Fax: +49 - (0)241 - 8871 140
http://www.speech.philips.com/