SET update on table column

Ram Krishnaswamy RKrishnaswamy____pathfire.com
Thu Aug 2 00:55:37 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have a table where one of the columns can be changed. When a set request
comes in, I process the request and also change the state of the column from
active to inactive (active, inactive, start and stop are four states). Apart
from this column, I also update other columns in the table depending upon
the set request. The update to other columns works fine except for the
column for the set request. When I print the contents of the updated table,
it shows the right value. But the get snmp request shows me the value I used
to set it.

Am I doing something wrong here? I changed my code to update the column
different ways and it still does not show the right value on the get
request. The only other thing I can think of is the column that is being set
is locked by agent++ and hence the update fails. But I tried to change this
so that I update the value after I complete the request and before calling
MibLead::set(vb) in this column set method.

Thanks for your help.

Ram