*** CORRECTION *** RE: A problem in the agentgen?

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Fri Aug 3 04:42:44 CEST 2001

Hello again,

I model tables with AUGMENTS clause as subordinate tables from the point of
row life cycle: the creation and deletion is triggered by the base table. A
difficulty arises when I need the row create method in the implementation
code of this subordinate table to fail due to an incomplete set of
non-default varbinds or because of invalid values.
A variation of the MIB::check_creation() method that would not require a
RowStatus varbind could be just perfect.

Is there a better solution to this problem than simply implementing this
method and adding it to the MibTable interface? I am trying not to deviate
from your code base for obvious reasons and so far I have been very
successful in doing this.

Thanks,
Alex