Running an AGENT++ agent as a subagent on Solaris 2.6

Yael Yankelev yael____flashnetworks.com
Wed Aug 15 17:02:17 CEST 2001

Hi guy,

I've been trying to run my own SNMP agent as a Solaris subagent using
information you sent from the mail archive.

Following your instructions I have managed to have the master agent forward
SNMP requests to my agent, However, on an arbitrary port.  following is my
resource section in the .rsrc file:

resource =
{
        {
                registration_file = "/etc/snmp/conf/NG1100.reg"
                policy = "spawn"
                type = "legacy"
                command = "/usr/lib/snmp/agentScr -p 38161"

However, each time I run it, the master agent puts my agent on port 32783
(regardless of what por number I give it).

I should also mention that the agentScr -p 38161 does not actually start my
agent, it is a dummy script which simply writes the port number to a file. I
can see that the script IS NOT being run.   My agent comes up later with an
assumed port which can be changed (that's haow I can tell the master agent
is actually forwarding requests).

I have to define this port, so that I can make my agent correspond in
advance.

Any Ideas???

Thanks,

Yael