snmp to count tcp port based traffic..

Sean mathewss____nutech.com
Fri Aug 24 09:27:11 CEST 2001

 anyone have ideas on being able to monitor traffic usage
at the TCP port level? so far it seems that creating
a router access list to count say Port 80 traffic
is not accessable via SNMP at least for cisco..

 I have looked into other methods.. My current thought
is to install a unix box and install some type of SNMP
agent on it and have it promiscuous listen to the
network traffic.. Do any SNMP agents out there
for say linux have the ability to monitor
linux ipchains or some such so this may work?

 Thanks in advance..

--
 Regards
  Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO