Request/responses with proxy forwarder

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Dec 20 20:57:09 CET 2001

Rachna,

You could use MIB Designer to write your MIB and then use
AgentGen Pro to generate the C++ stubs for AGENT++.
Then you will have to fill in your implementation of the MIB
objects and traps of your MIB into the generated methods
(objects). There are plenty of examples coming with AGENT++
and AgentX++ that show how this last step can be accomplished.

For a basic understanding what AGENT++ does, check out
http://www.agentpp.com/doc2.x/agent++.html

There are other APIs available, but they are IMHO not easier
to understand/use, may be they are just different (i.e., not object-
oriented).

Hope this helps.