Exception when adding snmpGroup to Mib class

Frank.Fock____t-online.de Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Jan 24 16:22:00 CET 2001

Hi Christel,

What kind of exception do you get? Does the agent crash?
Please see additional comments below:

> Hi everybody,
> When adding a newly created snmpGroup object to a Mib object (as it
is demonstrated in agent++ examples) I get an exception. (I cannot really
locate the origin of the exception, as the code, where it is thrown is
in MibContent object and this is
> encapsulated in a TS_SYNCHRONIZED macro so I cannot step into it).
> My question is: what is the snmpGroup object used for? Is it always
required? Do I really have to add a sysGroup object before to Mib
object?

No it is not a must. The snmpGroup object groups the
MIB objects from the SNMP group together. Thus, when
adding the group object, the included MIB objects are
added to the Mib instance.

The main purpose of the MibGroup class is to get a single
handle for a possibly big group of MIB objects that are
closely related. Additionally, the MibGroup class provides
means to store (and restore) all objects added to it
persistently.

Hope this helps.

> The online-docu is unfortunately not really helpful concering this
topic...

> Any help is really appreciated!
> Thank you in advance,
> Christel Sohnemann
>

> Christel Sohnemann
> Software Development
> Philips Speech Processing Aachen, Zweigniederlassung der Philips
GmbH