Oidx in Agent++

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Wed Jul 11 01:30:23 CEST 2001

Frank,

Thank you for your reply.

I assume that you keep exceptions away from your code for portability
reasons, otherwise an exception seems to be a better way to communicate an
erroneous condition.

Thanks,
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank.Fock____t-online.de [mailto:Frank.Fock____t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 3:52 PM
To: Alex Finogenov
Cc: 'agentpp-dl____agentpp.com'
Subject: Re: Oidx in Agent++

Alex,

You are right. The 0 is a valid sub-identifier. But what
should these operations return when the OID is invalid?
If you are not sure whether the OID you are processing
is valid or not you should call Oidx::valid() before you
call one of the below methods. They are just returning
0 to avoid crashes if invalid OIDs are used.

--
Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: fock____agentpp.com