Question about traps

Bettendorf, Cristian Cristian.Bettendorf____softwareag.com
Wed Jul 18 14:19:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

sorry again, but I don't understand how to fill the parameters in this case,
I don't know the row oid, the only one thing I know is that the table was
changed and of course the oid of the column objects...but this don't help...

Rgs Cristian

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Katz [mailto:katz____agentpp.com]
Sent: Freitag, 6. Juli 2001 00:16
To: Bettendorf, Cristian
Cc: Agent++ (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Question about traps

Hi,

> a question about the trap genaration: I want to send a trap to the
managers
> each time an internal table was changed, but I don't have in this context
> the information about which table row, or better to say which table cell
was
> changed.

you can use the variables oid, my_row, my_table to get all necessary
information. To fill the Vbx array, you can use the get_value() method
of any MibLeaf object.

> My qustion is how to send the trap? Which parameters can I use in the
>
> no.generate(vbs, size, oid, "", context);
>
> call? What can I fill in the vbs array?

This depends on the definition of the trap. You can define that only
some static vbs that identify the agent, a whole row or only the changed
entry has to be sent to the manager. The vbs array can even be empty
like in the static_table example.