Incorrect Time Stamp in V1/V2 Traps

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Thu Mar 1 00:38:53 CET 2001

Hi,

> > The creation of the Pdu object should only occur if _SNMPv3
> > is defined.
>
> That is not the case. It does define the Pdu object, even though it does not
> use it.

I forgot to write that I added #ifdefs around the lines that are not
needed without _SNMPv3. The fix is in Franks mailbox...

> > Does something speak against a
> >
> >         pdu.set_notify_timestamp(sysUpTime::get());
> >
> > before the line
> >
> >         pdu.set_notify_enterprise(enterprise);
> >
> > in SnmpRequest::process_trap()?
>
> No. The only things that SnmpRequest::process_trap() sets up in the pdu are
> the variable bindings, the trap OID, and the enterprise OID. Should Agent++
> be doing this?

I'm not sure about this. When I noticed the high timestamps (sysUpTIme)
of SNMP++ traps, I searched the RFCs and didn't find anything that
forces an agent to reset the timestamp at each restart.