SNMP++ without RSAEURO

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Mar 29 01:46:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

Because of the unclear (?) licensing terms of RSAEURO for
commercial use, it was my aim to replace it by a free (BSD)
implementation, that is portable/available for many platforms.

Eric Young provides such a CBCDES implementation in
the form of the libdes-l-4.01 library. For MD5 there is a
free implementation provided by the RSA Data Security, Inc.

Thus, SNMP++v3.1 which will be released 2001-04-02
(Monday) will no longer make use of the RSAEURO lib.

The Makefiles for AGENT++ and AgentX++ will be
updated too. In addition, I will be trying to verify/reproduce
and, if necessary, fix the bugs recently reported on the mailing list
for AGENT++'s NotificationOriginator and ProxyForwarder.

Regards,
Frank Fock