MIB Table in SnmpV2

christel.sohnemann____philips.com christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Wed May 9 14:19:02 CEST 2001

Hi,
sorry to disturb you again, but I have problems defining a MIB. I solved the problem I posted before, however things do not work as they should.
So what I want to do is the following:
Define a Table in a SMI II mib that contains one row. This row has 3 columns, each of them must be writeable by the SNMP manager.
more generally spoken: I want my SNMP Agent (implemented with AgentX++) to receive the variable binding of three variables in one request and I thought I have to define a table in my MIB for that so any manager knows that these three variables belong
together .... but maybe I am just to stupid to understand what to do...
can somebody help me please? I defined a table as below, but the snmp manager does not have write access to the table column objects...

thank you for your help!
Christel

traceSwitchTable OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF TraceSwitchEntry
	MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
---	MAX-ACCESS read-create
	STATUS current
	DESCRIPTION "a table containing all tracing switch information"
	::= {oidDSSMServerConfigurationInternal 9 }

traceSwitchEntry OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX TraceSwitchEntry
	MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
	STATUS current
	DESCRIPTION "for selecting the trace output from a SM host to a manager"
	INDEX {	traceIndex }
	::= { traceSwitchTable 1 }

TraceSwitchEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
	traceIndex INTEGER,
	traceControl INTEGER,
	traceSelect Integer32,
	traceIPAddress DisplayString
}

traceIndex OBJECT-TYPE
  SYNTAX          INTEGER
  {
	firstRow(1)
  }
  MAX-ACCESS          not-accessible
  STATUS          current
  DESCRIPTION     "table index for tracing. Only one row allowed."
  DEFVAL  { -1 }
  ::= { traceSwitchEntry 1 }

traceControl OBJECT-TYPE
  SYNTAX          INTEGER
  {
	disable(-1)
	, general(0)
	, debugChannel(1)
  }
  MAX-ACCESS          read-create
  STATUS          current
  DESCRIPTION     "Setting this variable specifies what kind of trace
					information the sending manager requests."
  DEFVAL  { -1 }
  ::= { traceSwitchEntry 2 }

traceSelect OBJECT-TYPE
  SYNTAX         Integer32
  MAX-ACCESS          read-create
  STATUS          current
  DESCRIPTION     "select the channel with this ID for tracing"
  DEFVAL  { 0 }
  ::= { traceSwitchEntry 3 }

traceIPAddress OBJECT-TYPE
  SYNTAX         DisplayString(SIZE(0..255))
  MAX-ACCESS          read-create
  STATUS          current
  DESCRIPTION     "specify the IP address of the management application that wants to receive traces"
  ::= { traceSwitchEntry 4 }

Christel Sohnemann
Software Development
Philips Speech Processing Aachen, Zweigniederlassung der Philips GmbH
Kackertstr. 10, 52072 Aachen, Germany
mailTo: christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Tel:    +49 - (0)241 - 8871 191,    Fax: +49 - (0)241 - 8871 140
http://www.speech.philips.com/