List Class Name

Mike Perler Mike.Perler____radisys.com
Wed May 9 20:44:36 CEST 2001

Hello,

We just recently had a compiler problem occur in our system because both the
Agent++ and another software package both had classes called List. Somebody
here was able to fix the problem by renaming the class in the other package.
However, in order to reduce the possibility of naming conflicts between
different vendors' software, I wanted to suggest that Agent++ should either
use different names for the classes that are defined in List.h (like List
and Array), or else define these classes in a namespace. Does this seem like
a good idea to anybody else?

Thank you,
Michael Perler
RadiSys Corporation