Agent++ as subagent question

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Nov 21 02:26:39 CET 2001

Hello Christian,

Please find my comments inline:

"Bettendorf, Cristian" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. the AGENT++v2.13NT include a proxy example, it this exactly what I need?

Depends on what you want to do. To create a native NT subagent the
ATM example would be more useful. If you want to implement a generic
request forwarder (like SUNs agent) then the proxy example could be useful.

> 2. Has somebody a short HOW-TO-DOC how to configure the stuff on Solaris?

There was a thread on the mailing list in spring/summer this year.

> 3. <<
> Then you can use AgentX++ for implementing
> your subagent (only very small changes are needed for that to your
> existing AGENT++ agent).This is the only option for Linux (since the
> linux SNMP agent is a NET-SNMP agent).
> >>
> ups, a new product with a new api. Ok, can somebody give me a hint which
> changes I should made here?

The documentation of AgentX++ gives an overview. If do not want
to implement shared tables, it will be sufficient to change some parts of the
master
agent and not to use the NotificationOriginator but the corresponding
method of the SubAgentXMib class.