Octel String

Chua Siang Li siangli____smartbridges.com
Fri Oct 19 18:07:47 CEST 2001

Hi.  I have the following problem snmp set on an octel string type with hex digit format.

>From the snmpget of an oid, suppose I can get 82 84 8B using vb.get_printable_value()
82 => dec 130
84 => dec 132
8B => dec 139

If I use the snmpset to set 82 84 8B, I type on the screen [Alt 130][Alt 132][Alt 139] when being prompt to enter the octel string.  The right value is being set.

But if I want to set to 82 00 8B and I type [Alt 130][Alt 0][Alt 139], it set to 82 00 00. It cannot not work because ascill 0 is a null terminator and val.value.string.ptr is a null terminator string.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

siangli