Simulation of multiple Agents

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Oct 31 00:18:26 CET 2001

Hi Vijay,

By default AGENT++ binds all IP addresses of the local host.
But I am not sure if your question goes in this direction?
To "simulate" multiple SNMP agents with a single application
seems to be impossible. But may be you something like a
SNMP proxy agent. A proxy agent can be implemented with
AGENT++. The "multiple agents" are then addressed by
different context engine IDs (SNMPv3) or different communities
(SNMPv1/v2c).