Compliation Error

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Sep 4 09:28:50 CEST 2001

Hi Siangli,

When you have defined _SNMPv3 then you will have to compile
the DES library too. Please note that the DES lib replaces the
RSAEURO library.

Please find additional comments below:

siangli wrote:

> Hi, Frank.  I had compiled the agent and snmp libraries according to your
> FAQ's answer.  Now, when I try compiling agent.cpp under agentgen, I have
> the following errors:
>
> Linking...
>    Creating library Debug/agentgen.lib and object Debug/agentgen.exp
> snmp.lib(auth_priv.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _des_ncbc_encrypt
> snmp.lib(auth_priv.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _des_key_sched
> libcimtd.lib(cerrinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
> * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)"
> (??2 at YAPAXIHPBDH@Z)
> libcimtd.lib(cininit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
> * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)"
> (??2 at YAPAXIHPBDH@Z)
> libcimtd.lib(iostrini.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
> * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)"
> (??2 at YAPAXIHPBDH@Z)
> libcimtd.lib(streamb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
> * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)"
> (??2 at YAPAXIHPBDH@Z)
> LIBCMT.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _WinMain at 16
> Debug/agentgen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Just to confirm with you that I have done SOME of the MSVC setting
> correctly:
> 1. I had _SNMPv3, SNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS,  AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS defined
> under preprocessor definitions
>
> 2. As I could not find rsaeuro.lib, I compiled it myself by downloading the
> source code from the website.
>
> I am sure I did the rest of the setting (e.g. multi-thread, etc) correctly.
>
> By the way, is your "test-agents" refers to any one of the agent.cpp under
> agentgen or examples? Is there a readme file describing what each of the
> agent.cpp does?

Yes, the "test-agents" are the examples under the corresponding
subtree. The agentgen subdirectory is only a template directory for AgentGen
Pro.

Unfortunately, there is currently no README available that explains the
purpose of each example. Please start with the atm_mib example since
it is the basic one. I will add READMEs for the next release.