libdes and SNMPv3 encryption

Eitan Pilipski eitanp____qualcomm.com
Wed Sep 5 20:50:03 CEST 2001

Frank Hi,
I'm using snmp++/agent++ with SNMPv3 defined, my reason for using SNMPv3 is
mainly because of the proxy forwarder capability.
As a result of that I need to compile libdes library, my concern is that
libdes is an encryption library and I know that there are some export
restrictions using such libraries. I'm not interested at all in using any
encryption under SNMPv3.
Is there a way to build SNMPv3 snmp++/agent++ but without libdes ? Does the
proxy forwarder implementation requires such a library ?
Thanks

Eitan P.
Ext. 57327