SNMP++ Get Error, SNMP++: SNMP request timed out

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Thu Sep 6 13:02:30 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > After running agent (without any parameters), I run the "snmpGet
> > > 192.168.0.68 -v3" in another dos window.  But I get:
> > >         SNMP++ Get Error, SNMP++: SNMP request timed out
> > > May I know what's wrong?
> >
> > snmpGet sends its request to port 161 while the agent listens on port
> > 4700...
> >
> The same timed-out error msg appears even when I run "snmpGet
> 192.168.0.68 -p4700 -v3"

the client does not receive an answer. So the questions are: Does the
agent receive the request? Can  the agent parse the request? Does the
agent send back an answer?

Did you modify the snmpGet example? If not, you will have to spevify
valid security otions. For the agent++ example agents the following
should work:

snmpGet localhost -v3 -p4700 -des -md5 -snMD5DES
-uaMD5DESUserAuthPassword -upMD5DESUserPrivPassword

Kind regards,