Saving the MIB objects after pressing CTRL-C does not work under Linux

Guenter Dannoritzer dannoritzer____web.de
Fri Sep 21 21:08:03 CEST 2001

Hi Frank,

well I used the ATM agent example that comes with Agent++ compiled it and started it out of the src directory.

At the beginning I did not know about the persistent saving of the MIB variables by pressing CTRL-C and so I added an extra MIB object to the agent. When setting this MIB object to a certain value I called the save function and stored the variables persistent. The files were saved direct into the src directory were I started the agent from. However pressing CTRL-C never saved the objects persistent.

Then I used the same example on a solaris workstation and actually then learned the first time that exiting the agent with CTRL-C would save the MIB objects persistent. I also learned that pressing CTRL-C twice (because I was so impatient to get the prompt) would cancel the saving and not save the objects properly.

Is there a way to figure out why the saving does not work under the Linux computer?

Basically the function must work, because adding that special object and initiating the save function works. Also canceling the agent with CTRL-C does save the boot count to the hard drive.

Thanks for the help

Guenter

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Frank Fock
  To: Guenter Dannoritzer
  Cc: agentpp-dl at fock.de
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 11:24 PM
  Subject: Re: Saving the MIB objects after pressing CTRL-C does not work under Linux

  Hmmh, sounds strange. Are both agents exactly the same? Is there a
  "config" directory where the agents are started?
  Frank

  Guenter Dannoritzer wrote:

    Hi, when I have an agent running (e.g. one of the example agents) in a shell under my Linux system and press CTRL-C (only one time) it does not save the values of the MIB objects to a file. It does save the boot count to a file. When I run an agent under a Solaris system saving the data works just fine. Is there something that I have to consider in order to have the MIB objects be saved to a file when canceling the agent? Thanks for the help Guenter