MIB compiler

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Sat Sep 22 10:59:07 CEST 2001

Hi Alex,

The format of the MIB repository would be very difficult to parse from
a C/C++ application. Thus, you may consider using libSMI from the
University of Braunschweig for this purpose.

Nevertheless, I do not know where to benefit would be if you can change
the object name <-> OID mapping at runtime, because changing this
mapping is forbidden in MIBs and thus it is forbidden even at compile
time.