request id

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Sun Sep 30 19:34:18 CEST 2001

Hello again,

I just went with a debugger through the manager. Before sending a request
snmp++ invokes Snmp::snmp_engine() which calls Snm::MyMakeReqId() in
uxsnmp.cpp. The latter is the culprit: it sets the request id to
MIN_RID=1000, which is a macro, so it is not possible to change.

Is there a reason that an application code is not allowed to set the request
id?

Alex