Walking the rows in a table...

Michael Grimes mgrimes____onemain.com
Wed Aug 21 22:15:55 CEST 2002

Hi,
I have a requirement to walk all rows in a table, taking
action on any rows that meet certain criteria.  I was thinking
of using the MibTable method get_rows to retrieve all table
rows and then subsequently the List methods to go through each
table row.  However, there is a note in the documentation on
MibTable::get_rows that says the following:

   Note:
           Don't use this method for tables where rows are deleted,
           because you only get references, that then may point to nowhere.
           Call List::clear() method before its constructor to avoid
           deletion of the rows of this table.

What does this mean?  Will I have a problem with this?

Also, what is the preferred method of locating a row in a table for
a specific index.

Any help would be appreciated,
Michael