SNMP Vulnerability

Martin, Brian (Brian) btmartin____lucent.com
Mon Feb 18 19:55:06 CET 2002

Al,

You should move to version 3.1.5 of SNMP++ if you are using it and retest
along with your application against the vulnerabilities.

See

for lots of information on this

regards,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Vasay, Al [mailto:VasayA____diebold.com]
Sent: 18 February 2002 17:31
To: agentpp-dl____agentpp.com
Subject: SNMP Vulnerability

Hi,

Is anybody aware of this news? Are we AGENT++ users affected by this?

Excerpt from a Bruce Scheidner essay.

"A large SNMP vulnerability has been announced, affecting hundreds of

products. This vulnerabilty has been known in the security community since

at least October, but has been held from the public for so long so that

vendors would have time to patch their products. I'll write more about

this next month."

<http://www.counterpane.com/alert-snmp.html>

<http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2002-03.html>

<http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/protos/testing/c06/snmpv1/>