(CERT Advisory)

Frank.Fock____t-online.de Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Feb 19 16:18:33 CET 2002

Gary,

The bug can be used for a DoS (crash the agent). It is not
a buffer overflow, instead it is more or less the opposite.
If the length of a variable binding is given longer than
the actual data is AND this length is a particular (very long)
one, then an array bounds read/write could be caused. But as the
attacker cannot place any code there to change the methods return
address, I think the execution of malicious code would not
be possible.

Hope this helps.