100% cpu usage

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Feb 22 00:17:01 CET 2002

"M. Warner Losh" wrote:

> In message: <337F6EC31C8FD3119A10009027D63D87457521 at mailhost2.malibunetworks.com>
>             Alex Finogenov <afinogenov at malibunet.com> writes:
>
> : This must be something very specific to your environment: my agent does
> : not show this problem on Solaris x86 and Linux 7.2 running on range
> : of Dell Pentium III servers.
>
> I don't have a linux machine to check it on, but it definitely happens
> here.  I just confirmed it.  Maybe your use of agent++ accidentally
> works around this bug?

Are you sure that you have not changed anything to SNMP++ or AGENT++?
AGENT++ has been used for several years now from several hundred users
on Linux, WinNT/2000/XP, Solaris, HPUX, Tru64 (Digital Unix), FreeBSD,
AIX, and other systems and no one has reported this problem yet.

It is not that I am not taking this serious, but I would like to identify the source
of the problem.